02 December 2016
Data Science Up and Down the Ladder of Abstraction
The article was titled Data Science Up and Down the Ladder of Abstraction and in it he set out his reasons for adopting Clojure, including its:
- Excellent tooling for REPL-driven development and notebooks for exploratory analysis and live charting.
- Suitability for creating shareable browser-based visualisations and interactive simulations with modern UI frameworks like Facebook's React.
- Data-oriented functional core with a focus on composable sequence processing interfaces which scale with the volume of data you have.
- Clean and unambiguous syntax which even aids my comprehension of transcribed algorithms.
- Macro system which enables extensibility at the language level for custom algorithmic abstractions and cleaner code.
You can read the full article here.